Seven interesting things about me (wow! I'm really not very interesting!)
1. I've never had my ears pierced. That's right; I've held out for 33 years. I have considered it before, but my hubby prefers my maiden earlobes. =)
2. I was "sweet
3. When I was 16, I had the amazing opportunity to tour Germany and other parts of Europe with my high school German class. Only regret: I didn't appreciate the experience quite as much as I would now, at twice that age. But, I did have so much fun!
4. I do not like Kielbasa sausage. Neither does Papa B. We never have. It's because of the "white things."
5. I used to want 17 children to beat Rosie, the sweetest little old lady we used to visit in the nursing home who had 16. She couldn't remember all their names.
6. I still have my tonsils, appendix, gall bladder, all that good stuff.
7. One time, I ran out of gas on the freeway, walked to the nearest farmhouse, asked the two young men who lived there if I could use their phone, and when they said they didn't have one, allowed them to drive me to a pay phone to call my dad...in their low-rider...with some sort of fringe along the top of the windshield...and (velvet?) seats...
Gave my guardian angel a run for his money! (But really, they were very kind people to me, bless their hearts. It was my dad I needed to worry about when I told him what I did. =D)
Thank you so much, Heather, for the sweet award! I pass it on to:
I know some of you have "award free" buttons on your blogs, so please don't feel obligated in any way. Just know you're appreciated! :)
And this award is from my dear friend, Kat. I'm so honored that she thought of me, and that she so often visits my little blog with such kind words. Thank you! Readers, you really should check out her blogs; she has the most amazing talent for poetry, haiku, words in general. And her genuine love for all creatures is so happily obvious. =)
And now I get to choose a dozen sunny blogs to award, too.
Blogs with a beautiful mix of family and creative home life:
Only twelve, huh? But I'm not done. I could name so many more wonderful spots on the web, so please check out my sidebar for a whole bunch of treasures from blogland. ;)